Are you a skilled wordsmith looking for your next challenge? Do you enjoy owning projects from
start to finish and thrive in a collaborative environment? We are looking for an experienced
Content Writer to take on exciting marketing and branding challenges as part of our global
Over the past twelve years, ACT has supported its clients and partners on their sustainability
journeys. We have seen the energy transition become the energy revolution. As we are at the
forefront of this change, we need to have creative and compelling marketing to match. We want
our marketing strategies, content, and branding to reflect our thought leadership – this is where
you could come in.
We are ACT
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. Working at the
center of the global energy transition, ACT helps organizations hit their climate action targets, no
matter how ambitious. Since 2009, ACT has become a trusted brand in high-impact climate
projects, renewable energy markets, energy efficiency, renewable fuels, and carbon credits. ACT
delivers tailor-made solutions from offices in Amsterdam, New York, Singapore, Shanghai, and
Paris, enabling its partners to join the environmental revolution and pursue more sustainable
The Content Writer's role
As a content writer, you will join our growing global marketing team based in our Amsterdam
headquarters. You will be responsible for supporting the brand and all marketing activities via
clean, creative, and compelling writing. In this role, you will collaborate with the team to produce
materials such as white papers, blogs, interview-driven articles, case studies, product brochures,
proposals for private enterprises and government agencies, and much more. The focus of this
role will be slightly more geared towards long-form writing.
Writing and editing content, as well as contributing to content strategy, form a big part of the job,
but there is also an important research component. As ACT works in environment commodities –
which are highly regulated, constantly changing, and subject to the Paris Agreement, Science
Based Targets initiative, and other advisory organizations – you will support the marketing team
as a subject matter expert. This does not mean you will have to be able to calculate the methane
emissions of a factory, but you will commit to following important trends and researching enough
to fact-check articles and other copy.
· Write and edit client-facing copy, including web/UX copy, blog articles, product brochures and
descriptions, pitch decks, high-value proposals, white papers, social media posts, and more.
· Write and edit engaging, informed, and polished copy to support ACT’s marketing efforts.
· Contribute to broader strategy discussions while constantly improving brand guidelines, tone of
voice rules, and more.
· Support internal communications efforts with internal updates, recruitment ads, and job
· Analyze the success of content alongside the marketing team.
· Deliver consistent quality based on ACT standards and guidelines while also working to
improve those benchmarks.
What we are looking for
· 4-8 years of experience as a professional content writer/copywriter.
· Native level of English (or C2, with proven professional writing experience). All content is written
in US English.
· Experience producing content from scratch, as well as sourcing and translating briefs and input
from internal/external stakeholders.
· Interest in topics such as sustainability, environmental sciences, renewable energy, climate
action, and environmental policy.
· The ability to process complex industry information and find compelling marketing stories.
· Strong communication skills and the independent drive to ask questions and source information
and input from very busy peers.
What we offer + the ACT experience
Along with competitive salary and bonus packages, we offer development and growth
opportunities via the ACT Academy platform. Our work environment is fast-paced, collaborative,
and overall friendly. We want to see one another succeed, and we support one another every
chance we get.
Please note this is not a remote position, however, we do offer 32, 36, or 40-hour contracts.
To apply, please send us your CV, a short motivation letter, and examples of your work/your
portfolio. The interview process will involve a business case assignment.
- Dienstverband:Fulltime (32, 36 or 40 hours)
- Salaris:€45.000 - €55.000 p.a.